Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Conservative Chit Chat: A Place to discuss politics

Main Site Home Blogs Books Conservative ChitChat Gazette USA boards Merchandise AlltheInterweb Answers Links Directory HelpLoginRegisterSearch Dating  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
Blogs are knackered (Read 772 times)
Paste User Name in Quick Reply Box Admin-JD
YaBB Administrator

Blogs are knackered
Feb 19th, 2017 at 4:31am
Mark & Quote Quote 
Well, the blogs section seems to be effectively toast right now.

The blogs for ConservativeChitChat are a 1&1 UK Managed Wordpress thing, and things went horribly wrong tonight.

The other day I cancelled Extended support for PHP5.5, unfortunately this defaulted everything on the webspace to run on PHP7.0, which caused a load of issues I managed to fix by rolling back to PHP5.6.
I cancelled the extended support package as they landed me with a 20 surprise bill for 3months use of it I don't recall being forewarned about 'til they billed me for it.

Unfortunately as it was a managed wordpress install, I didn't have this luxury with the ones for ConservativeChitChat.

Attempting to fix it by going from managed blogs to everything fully under my control via the admin control panel for the webhosting went a bit wrong, and the blog has gone from simply just not being able to log-in due to code errors caused by using a PHP version it wasn't designed for to not appearing at all.

This also means the blog article I was working on about my plans to Make Education Great Again also seems to be toast right now.

I've set-up a reserve blog for future use at Blogspot (still a work in progress).

IP Logged

Paste User Name in Quick Reply Box Admin-JD
YaBB Administrator

Re: Blogs are knackered
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2018 at 6:21pm
Mark & Quote Quote 
Got the blogs fixed last week...... or it could've been the week before that, well at some point in May 2018 anyway.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
Blogs are knackered
Open Live Preview Live Preview

You can resize the message area by dragging the right- or bottom border.

Max 3500 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features

AlltheInterweb | AlltheInterweb Directory | AlltheInterweb Search | More Forums
ConservativeChitChat.co.uk | ConservativeChitChat USA | ConservativeChitChat Scotland