Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Conservative Chit Chat: A Place to discuss politics

Main Site Home Blogs Books Conservative ChitChat Gazette USA boards Merchandise AlltheInterweb Answers Links Directory HelpLoginRegisterSearch Dating  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print
The true costs of contract mobile phones in the UK (Read 1807 times)
Paste User Name in Quick Reply Box Admin-JD
YaBB Administrator

The true costs of contract mobile phones in the UK
Jan 11th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Mark & Quote Quote 
I seem to remember a couple of months back that Michael Gove got it in the neck from leftards after comments he made about poor people using Food Banks.

In a way, he kind of had a point... you don't NEED a 200 Tattoo that looks fucking ugly anyway.
You don't NEED a 60 - 90 a month Sky subscription when you can get a Sky Freesat card for getting the free sky channels via a one off payment... or even FreeSat or FreeView now the digital switchover is complete, especially if you only watch crap reality shows anyway.

... and this brings me on to this that's come to mind... you don't NEED the latest 25 a month contract mobile phone, especially if you're on benefits. For starters you can get a semi-decent pay-as-you-go mobile for 15 - 65 these days such as the Vodafone 354 or the Samsung Galaxy Y.

I've come to the conclusion people get them anyway not just for the "Street cred" of having the latest fancy phone, but also because of the way the cost is headlined everywhere I've looked as "25 a month" and people think "oooh! it's only 25 a month, so not too bad" without working out that works out at 300 a year.

Perhaps we should maybe introduce an advertising rule on these that they have to headline the annual cost, with the monthly cost next to it in brackets instead to help make people more personal budget aware? e.g.
Quote:
300 per Year
(25 a Month)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print
The true costs of contract mobile phones in the UK
Open Live Preview Live Preview

You can resize the message area by dragging the right- or bottom border.

Max 3500 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features

AlltheInterweb | AlltheInterweb Directory | AlltheInterweb Search | More Forums
ConservativeChitChat.co.uk | ConservativeChitChat USA | ConservativeChitChat Scotland