Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Conservative Chit Chat: A Place to discuss politics

Main Site Home Blogs Books Conservative ChitChat Gazette USA boards Merchandise AlltheInterweb Answers Links Directory HelpLoginRegisterSearch Dating  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print
Re-open the line from Northallerton to Ripon, Harrogate, Wetherby & Tadcaster - Real Rail Improvements (Read 7662 times)
Paste User Name in Quick Reply Box Admin-JD
YaBB Administrator

Re-open the line from Northallerton to Ripon, Harrogate, Wetherby & Tadcaster - Real Rail Improvements
Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:37pm
Mark & Quote Quote 
This is another one I spotted potential of through Google Earth and seeing evidence of a closed former railway line, and if I remember correctly submitted via e-mail to the Conservative's Transport in the North public consultation thingy before the General Election.

In the process of researching for that submission, I found a variety of articles proposing the same idea that suggests the idea had come to a halt, but it'd cost 40million to get the Harrogate to Ripon bit re-opened.

My version of the idea would start at Northallerton, linking up with both the Wensleydale Railway and my other idea for Re-opening the Picton to Battersby Line....

It would then go on to Ripon, then Harrogate then over a Viaduct I spotted nr the Hornbeam Park area of Harrogate and go straight on to Wetherby instead of where it currently appears to loop round down towards Leeds.
It would terminate at Tadcaster, and/or connect to the York / Leeds Railway line near Church Fenton
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:08pm by Admin-JD »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print
Re-open the line from Northallerton to Ripon, Harrogate, Wetherby & Tadcaster - Real Rail Improvements
Open Live Preview Live Preview

You can resize the message area by dragging the right- or bottom border.

Max 3500 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features

AlltheInterweb | AlltheInterweb Directory | AlltheInterweb Search | More Forums
ConservativeChitChat.co.uk | ConservativeChitChat USA | ConservativeChitChat Scotland